Deposit and Cancellation arrangements, bed and breakfast and room only rates:
Advanced Purchase Rate/Non-refundable Rate: This rate must be fully prepaid – payment will be taken within 24 hours of booking being made. Booking is non-transferable and non-refundable.
A debit or credit card is required for all other reservations to secure your booking. If you cancel or amend your booking up to 24 hours before your arrival date there is no charge. In the event of a no show or a cancellation within 24 hours of your booking, the full value of the reservation will be charged.
Where a stay is amended to fewer nights within 24 hours of your stay we will endeavour to rebook the cancelled nights, but reserve the right to charge for the cancelled nights if we cannot do so.
Any special offers such as Dinner, bed and breakfast rates will have additional terms and conditions. Breakfast is charged at £12.50 per adult and £7.50 per child if room only rates have been booked.
- Bookings are accepted only for the party names and are not transferable.
- The total number of people (including children and babies) may not exceed the maximum number allowed for the particular room booked.
- Smoking and Vaping is not permitted anywhere inside the hotel.
- Damages: During your stay, if the accommodation is damaged by you or someone in your party, including your visitors, we have the right to recover the cost of this from you, including any extra cleaning costs. Cleaning costs will arise from smoking in the room; therefore it is essential that you remember that our hotel is kept strictly non-smoking.
- Thomas Milburn (Property) Ltd, nor its servants or agents can accept liability for any death or personal injury, loss or damage which may be sustained by the applicant or their property during the period they or any of them are at the hotel, except where it arises from the negligence of the company, its servants or agents.
- Thomas Milburn (Property) Ltd may require any persons creating a serious nuisance to other guests to leave the hotel. A refund of any remaining days already paid will be made under such circumstances.
We will endeavour to make sure your accommodation is just as you’d expect, but if you do need to make a complaint, the following procedure should be used:
- It is much easier to consider complaints whilst you are on still here; so if there is a problem with your accommodation, please tell the staff at reception immediately and we will put things right for you. If you are still unhappy after our staff have been given adequate chance to remedy things, you can leave on the first day of your booking and Thomas Milburn (Property) Ltd will give you a full refund.
- If you have completed your stay and still wish to complain you may email [email protected] or write to Seacote Hotel, St. Bees, Cumbria, CA27 0ES please remember to include as many relevant booking details as possible. We will endeavour to write back to you within 14 days.
Children under 2 and requiring a cot are free of charge. Please let us know at the time of booking if this is required. We do not provide beddings for cots. Children’s breakfast is charged at £7.50 per child up to age 16 so you will receive a reduction on your bed and breakfast room rate where children are staying.
Dogs are welcome in our dog friendly rooms. Dogs are charged at £10.00 per dog per night. We supply a blanket and bowl for your convenience. Please ensure dogs do not get on the hotel furniture. All fouling must be cleared up and placed in the receptacles provided. Dogs are allowed in public areas except for the function room and restaurant.
Bookings commence at 3pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 11.00am on the day of departure. All arrivals must check in at reception. Any arrivals after 9 pm must be pre-arranged by phone with reception, whereby our late arrivals procedure will be explained. Later check out can be arranged if available at a cost of £10.00 per hour, with the first hour being free of charge. Baggage holding can be arranged but the hotel accepts no liability for loss or damage to your property.
The hotel has ground floor rooms available for those with accessibility needs but we do not have wet rooms. We are not fully accessible for wheelchair users. Please see our full access statement here: https://seacote.com/accessibility-guide/
Cancellation by us
Very occasionally we may have to cancel your booking due to unavailability of particular facilities or due to forces outside of our control. We will contact you promptly should this arise. If possible we would attempt to offer alternative accommodation of a similar standard. If the alternative is not suitable you are able to cancel your booking, regardless of if you have booked a pre-paid rate. We will refund you in full. Regrettably we cannot pay compensation or reimburse and additional expenses you may occur if you choose not to accept the alternative accommodation.
We cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason or circumstance, which amount to “Force Majeure”. Circumstances amounting to “Force Majeure” include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of the hotel through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage or any similar event beyond our control. Such circumstances also include riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war, threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond our controls.